Sunday, June 29, 2014

Facebook Wars

Becoming involved in social media was something I didn't even consider as I was writing my book, The Reluctant Debutante, three years ago. Since then, my naiveté has faded somewhat, and I've discovered I really like certain aspects of the whole thing. For instance, I love to blog. I've rarely missed a Sunday since I started. I like to keep my website current, adding new books and reviews to keep things fresh. And even though I'm not really sure where my Twitter messages are going, or who they're being seen by, I love condensing a message into only 140 characters. It's fun, challenging sometimes, and easy to do.

But, as you can see from the chart on the right, there are many other avenues of social media available. There's Pinterest, Linked In, Google Plus, Wattpad, Facebook....

Ah, Facebook. The bane of my existence. My web designer keeps telling me I only need two Facebook pages--one for personal use, and one for my author page. What she doesn't tell me is how to combine my two versions of an author page. One is linked to my Twitter feed, but I can never remember which, the other to Book Pulse, both have different followers. How to combine them into one comprehensive page is still a mystery to me. So, I guess I'll continue to do what I've been doing and ignore the fact that my Facebook presence is very poor. Hell, I'll probably even tweet out a message about how messed up my Facebook presence has become. Then, I can see what page that Twitter message shows up on. What a brilliant idea! I'm off to tweet.

Oh, and don't forget to visit The Romance Review's blog hop. It ends on Monday, so be sure you're entered into the drawings. And visit Crimson Romance's new bookstore  http://www.adamsmediastore.com/crimson-romance/  
Not only will you be able to buy six books for the price of five, if you enter the code FFSAVE on your order form, you'll be able to save an additional 10%. But the deal only lasts until August 31. 



3 comments:

  1. Loved the post, Becky! I shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all good, FB can be a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Facebook is not all it's cracked up to be. Wait, I should tweet that!

    ReplyDelete