Sunday, October 4, 2020

Karma Or Plot Twist?

 I try not to mix politics with my authorly correspondence, but the events of this week are the stuff of a good suspense novel and too good to pass up. The professional political correspondents are calling the influx of Covid among the Republican loyalists as karma, but we novelists are calling it a plot twist. 



A plot twist, by definition, is an "unexpected development in a novel." In politics, it's called an "October Surprise." However you define it doesn't really matter. It's what comes next that is intriguing. 

My author friends and I have spent the last few days coming up with all kinds of "what comes next scenarios." So far, we have about four different ways this could go. I'd love for all the Tom Clancy or James Patterson aficionados to weigh in and give me your ideas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment