Sunday, April 29, 2018

No More Waiting!

I'm pleased to be able to announce that the demise of Crimson may turn out to be a good thing. Tara Gelsomino, the executive editor from the company, has decided to form her own business, a literary agency, and I'm pleased to be one of her first clients. We plan to continue my Regency series, which was begun by Crimson.

I'm also finishing the first draft of a mail-order bride series that takes the brides from a matchmaker's office in Boston to the mountains of Montana. If you've read the Cotillion Ball series, you may remember Jake Shelton, the wagon master who was set to take Temperance Jones and her family to Oregon, until she admitted her love was not Oregon, or Jake, but instead it was Basil. Well, Jake's back and this time, he won't be denied in love. Imagine a cowboy with a wavy shock of hair, blue eyes and a wide-brimmed hat and you have Jake.

So, a new liaison, a new couple of stories, and a new outlook. Seems only fitting, since I'm in a new house in a new state. And it's only April.

Going to be one hell of a year.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful news all around! 2018 is a year of change and new beginnings for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen! Our careers must always be on a forward trajectory, and I'm glad mine is finally going in the right direction.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations. Once again, one door closes and another opens. I look forward to reading the two books that you are working on, as well as all of the others to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I look forward to getting those two books out into the world.

      Delete
  3. So is Tara running a publishing company as well as being an agent? Or is she shopping those books for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry if I was a bit vague there. Tara's new business is a literary agency and she'll be shopping those books around for me.

      Delete