Sunday, January 3, 2021

The Blank Page

A few years ago, Brad Paisley penned a tweet about the start of a new year, which I think is appropriate for anyone who puts pen to paper, regardless of whether it's for a journal entry, a manuscript, or a song. Here's what he had to say: 

"Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one." 


Since we've all just come through one of the most trying years of our lives, I find Brad's words truly inspiring. With a new president, and the promise of vaccines for all, I'm hopeful we can get back to something close to normal in this coming year. One of my goals for the year is to travel back to my old stomping grounds and visit with my brother, who is spending a year in the eastern half of the country before heading west again. 

And, following Brad's advice, to write something every day. 

How about you? What are your goals for the year?


2 comments:

  1. Besides work? LOL I want to do something for Lynn every month. Taking care of myself is not a natural thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on board with you doing something for Lynn each month. I hope I can do something for Becky each month, starting with a massage...or a pedicure

      Delete