Sunday, November 22, 2020

Giving Thanks

This year, it's very hard to find things to be thankful for. Like most, I won't be able to gather with friends and family for Thanksgiving. I'll be alone, sharing my turkey breast with Mary, my dog. And then, after we each come out of our turkey coma, we'll take a walk along the golf course.
My family has always held Thanksgiving whenever three or more of us can gather together, so in the past, our Thanksgiving dinners have taken place in March, or July, or whenever. The day didn't matter so much as the people who were sitting at the table. It seems like most of the world now has to do the same. It will be fine, I assure you, having been there before. Count your blessings, hold your loved ones if you safely can do so, and have a great Thanksgiving. The turkeys will thank you that they can live a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment