Sunday, November 8, 2020

Taking A Breath

Every now and again, I am reminded that the world is watching we folks in the US. My freelance journey has recently taken me across the pond to the UK. I turned in a storyline to my employer there and told him if he gave me the go-ahead for the job, I could stop obsessing over the election. His response was to begin talking about how riveted the UK was to our election, and wanted my opinion on all of it. My work was shoved aside in favor of politics.
So, I decided, with the entire world watching, to take a breath this weekend. Free myself from my daily work schedule, take a walk, spend some time on my swing in the backyard with my little dog, Mary, at my side, read a book that is not my own. The work will still be there on Monday. Have a safe weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment